Guest Written By Shubham Singh – Disability Representative Candidate
Hello, I am Shubham Singh. I am studying in 1st year, BSc. To begin with, I would like to share my father’s teaching to me that has stuck with me, he said: “Don’t let your disability stop your success, make your disability your strength”. I hope I will be running to be your next Students with Disabilities Officer. For Context, I have hearing impairment with 100% deafness by birth. I don’t let this break my spirit no matter what.
However, Despite this range, I am very much aware of broad of disability, which many of them I have experience dealing with it.
- My own experiences alone are not enough to adequately represent the range of disabled students at ARU.
- I will first of all endeavour to hold feedback sessions and drop-in a couple of times a month in order to find out if there are any issues which need addressing that I am not aware of.
- Engagement will be one of the priorities for me.
- I also intend to use my communications, marketing experience and working in student media to ensure that my work.
- Campaigns and my assistance is advertised to as many of the disabled student population as possible and hopefully, some of them will work/help me to ensure everything is fine.
Ever since before I came to University, I have been a very active and passionate disability student. I am hoping to start afresh and new adventure but I am glad I did.
Thank you for reading my manifesto, and please VOTE for me.
Visit the SU website to cast your vote. Polls close on March 20th at 2 PM.
Image: Shubham Singh
Disclaimer: This article has not been edited by The Ruskin Journal. The Journal will publish similar submissions from other election candidates that want to get involved. Contact the editor for more information.