By Vignesh Periyasamy – Candidate for VP of AHSS (Cambridge Campus)
Disclaimer: This article has not been edited by The Ruskin Journal. The Journal will publish similar submissions from other election candidates that want to get involved. These posts show no bias – the opportunity to post a manifesto with us is open, and has been advertised too, all candidates.
I am VP (Vignesh Periyasamy) running for VP (Vice President) at AHSS Faculty in the student election this year, 2021. I am currently doing my Masters degree at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge campus.
I try to pursue excellence in everything I do. My university friends know that I always lend hand when needed irrespective of the faculty, ethnicity and etc…
I am an extroverted person and am interacting with a load of students on a daily basis and resolving their issues. I can’t be certain about the number of students I have helped in terms of accommodation, travel and other university related works. That being said, when I am helping students even before becoming the VP, think about how much I can help once I become the face of the faculty and make the right decision.
I will work on,
1. Increasing Full-time employment opportunities
• My ideas to make this effective are as follows,
• Connecting with alumni of the faculty you belong to.
• Persuading their employers to visit our campus on a yearly basis.
• Trying to create agreement with potential employers to recruit students yearly.
• Conducting LinkedIn workshop for students (Real time growth hacking workshops for FREE).
• Creating awareness on ATS (Applicant Tracking System).
2. Implementing technical support for the faculty and for every ARU student • I have planned to create a platform that gives access to all of the platforms. • The above-mentioned point totally eliminates navigation between multiple
platforms. Hence, reduces the worry of having to navigate between multiple platforms.
• Lobbying to make the timetables available earlier in the trimester.
3. 24/7 Support to Home and International students
• This continuous lockdown made it tougher for every student including me. • Every student struggle to find the proper accommodation and find it difficult to travel abroad from home country.
• I will be creating an online platform and a physical space to drop your queries irrespective of the faculty.
• The online platform and physical space will have students responding to your query at any given point of time.
• This can be utilized by any faculty and priority will be given based on the severity of the query raised.
Voting starts March 6 (09:00 AM) – March 12 (02:00 PM).
Go to ARU Student’s Union website and cast your vote.
Connect with me on,
Instagram: Click me!
Facebook : Click me!
Twitter : Click me!
LinkedIn : Click me!
Vote for me: HERE!